Friday, December 24, 2010

WhiteChristmas.

There is snow on the ground in Nashville on CHRISTMAS.  It started snowing at about 10pm Christmas Eve.  There is now about an inch of snow on the ground (which really isn't a lot) but it is enough to make me feel like a little girl again.  I thought that I had lost the excitement of Christmas because the past few Christmases have been missing siblings, which makes it feel less like Christmas. This year, all my sisters are home AND it is snowing!  I don't need any presents.  I am a happy girl.

When I was little, I used to pray for and wish for a white Christmas.  Even if I knew that the temperature was going to be well above freezing, I would still look out my window the second I got up Christmas morning just to make sure that it didn't magically snow and make my dreams come true.

I know this post may sound super-hokey and dumb, but I am 23 years old and I have never experienced a white Christmas and this is really exciting to me.  If only this had happened when I was 7... I would have been beside myself.  Christmas is supposed to be snowy, and it never has been for me, so this a big deal, and therefore it is something to blog about.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment: