Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm BAAAACK and other nonsense.

So... after much soul searching and thorough and thoughtful consideration and meditation, I have come to the conclusion that I needed to come back to my blog after almost 2 years.  I just need a place to vent in cyberspace.  And for those of you who actually know me, you know that I am a cynic who finds joy in mocking the worst of all human afflictions: stupidity.  I find that most people are incredibly stupid and ignorant or completely oblivious to what is going on in the world around them.  These people need my "help" (and by help I mean tastelessly pointing out any and all stupid behaviors/thoughts/opinions). And those who agree with me need a good laugh. So, here I am.  I'm back, bitches. You're welcome.

Let's get going, shall we? 

For my first post-hiatus entry, something caught my attention on Facebook today that completely blew my mind.
This gorgeous, healthy girl is Leah Kelley. 

And guess what else, folks?
She is a PLUS SIZE model.

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. F#@%?!?!

Ok, so you are telling me that this is someone who shops at Layne Bryant? No. I don't believe any of their clothes would fit her because she wears a size 8-10. And last time I checked, Layne Bryant doesn't carry anything under a size 14. She would be swimming in their clothes! Nonsense!!!! 

And are you also telling me that this girl represents plus size women? I am pretty much 110% positive that this would make actual plus size girls feel bad about themselves.  Someone representing their size who can't even fit in plus size clothes? For real, fashion industry? Have you finally lost your last marble? (All the other marbles have been lost over the years, they were holding on to the last one by a very very thin thread, and it broke because this is so freaking absurd.) More nonsense!!!!!

The fashion industry is no stranger to creating complexes for women all around the world, and I believe that this just made it about 10 times worse. By this logic, anyone over a size 6 is "plus size."  At least with "regular sizes" (dare I even call it that) the models can fit in to the clothes made by the designer or company they are modeling for! This girl also wears "regular size clothes."  She doesn't actually FIT in to ANY plus size clothing.  Not ONE article!!!!! So why the hell is she considered plus size????? ABSOLUTE AND COMPLETE NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't tell, I am completely baffled and sickened by this. She looks better than I do in a bikini and I wear a size 4.  Some food for thought. Anyway, I think it is time for a fashion and beauty revolution.  I am sick of the fashion industry taking complete outliers and portraying them as the norm and making women feel like they aren't beautiful because they do not fit a certain mold.  And I am also sick of them trying to tell me that a size 8-10 is plus size -- but only for models? No. It isn't plus size for ANYONE. Models INCLUDED! So please, take your warped sense of size and beauty and shove it. It's time you started representing real women and not "ideal" women.  This isn't ancient Greece.  It is the 21st century. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

Let's stop this NONSENSE.  

Until next time,
ashleigh




No comments:

Post a Comment